Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not abandoning this.

There's a buzz word for indie game projects that never go anywhere or see completion. Fadeware? Ghostware?

Something. I dunno. Anyway, I'm proud to announce to my ghost audience that this isn't one of those games. For the past few months, I've been doing a lot of concept sketches at work or any place where I have free time. A lot. So much that I'm not going to bother posting but a few of the doodles I've done for this game.

Ghosts, meet Natalya, the protagonist:



Now here's a horrible, horrible scan of her:



Her story is that she's a treasure hunting sorceress who is hired by greater worldly authorities to recover ancient, powerful artifacts from beings of an evil alignment. Not the most original or groundbreaking idea ever, but it'll be a lot more interesting in the game itself.

Anyway, I can gloat all day about how cool I think this game will be, but I know you won't be satisfied until I get some screenshots up or some gameplay footage.

Well, it's on the way. I'm doing the sprites right now, and I'll have some compiled stuff soon. By the way, I've decided on sprite graphics because I'm vehemently against vector graphics for this type of game. I'm very ambitious about this game, and I won't be able to get all the content published on a site if I load it up with tons of vectors. Also, it'll run a lot slower with vector graphics.

Have I mentioned that I don't like vector graphics?

No comments: